Oberon Fuels provides a creative and fast paced work environment. We believe that we are making an impact in the world every day. We are looking for smart, open minded people who can operate in a start-up atmosphere.
If you are interested in applying for one of our job openings please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poised for growth, Oberon Fuels, the first company to produce fuel-grade dimethyl ether (DME) in
North America, is hiring a Director of Business Development to join its talented team. Working in
conjunction with the President and COO, the Director of Business Development will lead new project
initiatives and manage the day-to-day relationships with Oberon’s strategic partners and customers. In
addition, this person will be responsible for developing new relationships, while working closely with
existing partners to continually enhance rapport and oversee project management. The Director of
Business Development will cultivate contacts, identify opportunities through research and relationship
building, and have an opportunity to work on a variety of projects to broaden their experience and build
the market for this exciting, cleaner-burning diesel replacement, DME.
Education and Experience:
• Technical Science or Engineering background required
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in sales/business development/project management
• Ability to travel 50-75% of the time
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Travels with the President to engage new partnerships, potential customers, and to launch new projects
• Establishes a network of contacts within the industry and identifies potential project opportunities
• Supports ongoing project development with existing partners by overseeing project details and fostering effective communications
• Ability to lead grant proposals, write grants and manage multiple strategic stakeholders in grant opportunities
• Builds strategic partnerships and alliances within our industry
• Identify and generate speaking opportunities at conferences, etc.
• Develops presentation and marketing materials as needed
• Performs public speaking and presentations at industry-related events/conferences
• Acts as first point-of-contact for new inquiries about DME and the Oberon process
• Promotes Oberon at industry trade shows and conferences
• Maintains current knowledge of market trends and government regulations to assess their impact on the company
• Develops new geographic opportunities, both domestically and internationally
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to quickly build rapport when meeting new people
• Ability to build and maintain client and strategic business relationships
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Effective in presentations and selling the company
• Acts with integrity
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and be resourceful in sourcing information
• Strong team player
• Sense of humor
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com.